Indie Lit Awards 2011 – Nominations Open!

September 4, 2011

It’s that time of year again,  nominations are now being accepted for the 2011 Independent Literary Awards. These awards are a way for bloggers and readers to recommend our favorite books for our own ‘indie’ awards.

Genres represented are:

Biography/Memoir
GLBTQ
Literary Fiction
Mystery
Non-Fiction
Poetry
Speculative Fiction

And here are the nomination rules:

• Books nominated must have a 2011 release date.
  • You may nominate a book that has already been listed (the books with the most nominations will be what we add to the Long List).
  • You may nominate books in more than one genre, up to 5 per genre.
  • Nominations are open to all readers who do not make their income through the sales of books (i.e. not authors, publishers, or publicists) — hence “independent” from the publishing industry.
  • Nominations are open midnight PST September 1, 2011 – 11:59 PST December 31, 2011.

For the second year in a row I am a voting member for the GLBTQ category under the fantastic judgeship of Cass. Other members on my panel are Jodie, Danika, and Adam.

So… What are your favorite GLBTQ books of 2011 thus far? Nominate here!

For more information you can check the About or FAQ pages.

1. September 4, 2011 11:10 am

I have a few that I think I am going to nominate. I love that this out there for us!

2. September 5, 2011 4:22 am

A world lit category be helpful in this I ll have to think of some books to nominate Amy all the best stu

• September 8, 2011 12:29 pm

Well, world lit books fit in to the other categories Stu. So you nominate world lit fic in the lit fic category, GLBTQ in the GLBTQ category, and etc. It doesn’t have to be separated, we include it with everything!

3. September 5, 2011 7:32 am

There is a wide spectrum of genre representation here which I think is good. All best.

4. September 5, 2011 7:51 pm

I never know what to nominate when it comes to things like this. I do love looking at the list of nominated books, though!

• September 8, 2011 12:30 pm

So difficult I agree Michelle :) I’ll likely wait until later in the year to nominate in the other categories so that I don’t regret it if I read something even better :) But then, I read so few newly published books!

5. September 6, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks for the announcement! Can’t wait to nominate.

1. September 2011 Reading Wrap-Up « Amy Reads