It’s Readathon time again!! Are you joining in the fun today? I won’t last the full 24 hours, because I never do, but I will get as much reading time in as I am able, although with a few planned breaks. I’ll be updating this post as the day goes on.
Reader friends, I can’t believe I’m still up. I just finished my sixth book, Uprooted by Naomi Novik – another reread. This has definitely been the readathon for rereading, and also the latest I’ve stayed up for one. We have a baby shower tomorrow to attend but I feel like I’m so close to the finish line… 😀 (But I’m still throwing in the towel and going to bed now…)
Over half way through!
1. What are you reading right now? I just finished The Mothers by Brit Bennett (so good!!) and am about to dip into a reread of Milk and Honey.
2. How many books have you read so far? I just finished my fourth book – one comic / graphic novel, two poetry collections, and one novel. All but the novel were rereads.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I haven’t made a pile of books, so not looking forward to anything in particular.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? So many kitty cuddles – they keep interrupting me and I just can’t say no!
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Not a thing 🙂
Not a lot to report here. I spent some time with the boyfriend (I got home yesterday from two weeks away), and I took a mid-afternoon walking / Pokémon Go break with a friend (Dacey). I completely spaced on taking a picture, but it was a lovely time. Plus I got to meet Betel! I’ve put on some food, and now am back to reading.
Hard to believe it’s three hours in already! I ate some crepes, cuddled with the kittens, and checked out Twitter a bit. After seeing Cass’ great reading choices, I read two short poems. First I read Tanya Davis’ illustrated How to Be Alone (watch a video of the poem at the link), and then Ntozake Shange’s for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf.
I was having trouble updating my site, but it seems to be working now, so I’m posting the opening survey a bit late. I just finished a lot of kitten snuggles (I’m so happy to have kittens this readathon!) as well as Nimona by Noelle Stevenson. I have so much love for Nimona, and spent forever trying to push it on everyone, and am SO HAPPY it exists.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am in Toronto, Canada
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I haven’t really made a stack, I’m going from my whole library today!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? My boyfriend just woke up and is making crepes for breakfast. It doesn’t get much better than that!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’ve been pretty inactive on the blogging front for the last couple of years, but have still been reading as much as I can. Readathon is always a great excuse to get back on here and interact more.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’ll be doing the same as usual, reading some books and generally enjoying the day.